Sunday, May 20, 2007

Oh Happy Days


Greetings to all of my faithful readers. I'm happy to report that I now weigh 11 pounds 4 ounces and I am 23 1/4 inches long. We went to see my doctors at U of M on Thursday. They were excited to see that I had gained over 2 pounds since my last visit!!! My nutritionist, Hope, decided to up my cereal to 2 times a day. I actually really enjoy it. She also recommended to start feeding me fruits and vegetables. Mommy tried to give me bananas the first day but I didn't really care for them. Daddy gave me pears and I really took to them. I think it's because they taste similar to my applesauce that I get numerous times a day. They also did another throat culture to check for bacteria. CF people will typically carry bacteria in their lungs so if there is something growing they will treat it immediately. We are anxiously awaiting the results. Other than that my treatments are going well and they are pleased with my progress.
Saturday night mommy and daddy took me out to dinner to say goodbye to our friends Shad and Farrah Roberts. They are moving to Okinawa, Japan. We hope they have a safe trip.

We received word that mommys friend Jamie (Niess) Kotewa had a baby girl on May 17th. Her name is Mallory and we can't wait to meet her. I hope she enjoys the toys that I sent to her. Oh, by the way, I now know how to online shop (Mommys favorite).

Last but not least, mommy has a new job. She will be at the same hospital but she will be in the float pool. Basically she "floats" to wherever she is needed. The good part is she can make her own schedule and her pay has increased. The goal is less time at work and more time with me!!!
That's all for now.

Love Luke
P. S. Mommy and Daddy couldn't decide on these two pictures so you get to enjoy both of them. What do you think of my bibs?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one adorable lad and I am glad to hear your good news. Love from Great Grandma Dorothy

Anonymous said...

Luke, If you get any cuter, your Mommy and Daddy are going to have to fight off the ladies alot sooner than they thought. The bibs are a go, I'd keep em. I am glad you are doing great. You are the strongest little fellow I know. Keep it going, cause you are looking good kid. Mommys friend Andrea

Anonymous said...

I know I say this all the time but you get cuter and cuter everytime I see you. I am so glad to hear that your progress is going well. We love and miss you all.
Love, Jessica

G'ma and G'pa Otteman said...

Luke, you are such a happy cute baby. We love you soooo much. Can't wait to see you next week at Uncle Josh's wedding. You look good in the bibs. It's a nice look for you. See you soon. Love, G'ma

Midge and Louie said...

Hi little man. You're really doing good. I love those bibs. But I wonder what dad is doing to make you laugh so hard. I hopt that next time you're here I get to hold you. Love to all of you. Midge and Louie

Anonymous said...

Luke,
We love the pictures of you. You are so handsome, and good job with the weight gain. Keep it up. We hope to see you sometime this summer. Also tell dad and mom we say hi.
Love you
Deb, Emily & Kayla Millwright

Anonymous said...

Allright, your mommy has come over to the float pool. It is the best and Cathy is the best boss ever. All of the units are really good to float people because they really appreciate the help. Making your own schedule is the only way to go. Luke you are doing so well, good job. I knew you were tough.

Chris Blair

Anonymous said...

Hi Luke! I can't wait to play with you some day. I love my new colorful toys. Thank you so much! You are growing into quite a handsome young man :) My mommy and daddy say hi to yours. Guess what? They know people from church here that know your mommy and daddy - Amy and Tim Lyberger. Isn't that a riot? Speaking of riots, I'm going to go create one now that my nap is done...
Take care,
Mallory Kotewa