Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Lucky Number Seven

Good day everyone. Mom and I visited my pediatrician on Monday and I weighed 7 pounds on the button. Dr Weinberg said I looked magnificent. I haven't gone out much because it has been very cold and mommy and daddy are busy rearranging the house for me. They changed the computer room into my new play room. It will be nice because I can play while mommy makes dinner and she can still see me. I have been learning alot because mommy and daddy read to me everyday. Here's my daddy and I reading Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein.



Also, I have been getting to know my toys. I have chosen a favorite already. His name is Bard and he is a dinosaur rattle. He sleeps with me and even went to Sams Club in my carseat tonight. I also learned the joys of shopping in bulk and driving home in a near blizzard, but I knew we'd be alright because Bard was at my side. Here is a picture of me and my new friend Bard.



On Thursday, mommy and daddy are taking me to meet a new friend named Ben. Ben is a baby too and he has had many challenges in his life. You can read about him at http://randallfam.livejournal.com Daddy went to school at Univ of Michigan and met Ben's daddy Scott. Scott and daddy also work together. I'm excited to meet them and plan on taking lots of pictures of Ben and me.



Our next appointment at the Univ of Michigan is Feb 8th. We're gearing up for the long appointment. Mommy will bring plenty of bottles this time. Last time we were there for almost 5 hours and mommy didn't plan well. I was starving before we got home.



We're also looking forward for more visitors. We have the whole month of Feb to ourselves so far. The first weekend of March, Grandma Kris, Deb Millwright and her girls, Emily and Kayla, are coming. The second weekend of March, Grandma and Grandpa Otteman, Uncle Josh and my soon to be Aunt Maria (they're getting married in June) will be visiting too. Grandpa Larson is already planning a return trip in late March.



It's good to read all of your wonderful comments. I enjoy them immensely. Until next time. So long.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You do look magnificent. You look like such a big boy reading a book on Daddy's lap! I am kind of disappointed about your new friend though I was hoping he would be a frog-oh well Guess I can't turn everyone into a frog lover!! Love ya-Jessica

Josh said...

Luke you are getting cuter and cuter everyday! Cant say much about your daddy though. That's a great book for Daddy to read to you. Your Aunt Maria and I gave a copy to our other nephews for Christmas. Can't wait to come see you...

G'ma and G'pa Otteman said...

Hi sweetheart. Josh is right. You are getting cuter every day. I am so glad you are helping mommy and daddy develop their reading skills. Be patient with them when it comes to the big words. I'm also so happy to hear they realize the world revolves around you and are rearranging the house for you. Can't wait to see you again in March. I loved your video dad sent us of mommy playing patty cake with you. I'm also glad you're going to get to meet a new friend in Ben. Love, G'ma Ann

Anonymous said...

You are doing great with the weight gain and I will be anxious to see next weeks report telling us about meeting a new friend Ben. Good Luck on your trip Feb 8th. Love gr. grma Dorothy