Monday, January 22, 2007

Viking Visit

Hi to all my loyal readers. It has been a week since my last post. A lot has happened since then. On Thursday my grandpa Larson arrived from the frozen north (Minnesota). He brought with him some Vikings outfits for next season. I wasn't quite able to yank on his beard yet, but next time I see him I'll attempt to pull all the hair out. We just hung out at the house all weekend. I'm learning to play dice and Rummy, soon I'll beat everyone. On Sunday we cried as the Bears beat the Saints, but cheered right up as the Colts defeated their Nemesis and the bane of the football world (The Patriots). Here's a picture of Grandpa Larson and I getting to know each other. On Monday Gpa Larson and I hung out in the morning while Mom got ready for our doctors visits. Here's a good pic he took of me lounging in my room and staring out the window.


Mom and I went to Ann Arbor today to see our doctors and to pick up a few things at Target, including curtains for my room. Mom's visit went well. At my doctor, we found out that I weigh 6 pounds and 9 ounces!! I am hitting the mark of 1 ounce a day that my docs want me to gain. I received a shot of a medicine called Synagis today to help me fight off RSV if I am unlucky enough to get it. It was recommended due to my CF. That hurt, I cried for at least 2 minutes and it made my Mom cry too. I'll leave you with one more picture of me, I think I need a bigger bed!! Take care everyone. Hope to meet you all someday.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Luke this is Gandpa Larson. I'm glad I finally got to see you. It was real nice to hang out with you. It was fun to get to feed you 4 times today and I didn't even mind changing your diaper. Tommorow I'm off to Pilly but I'll stop by to see you on my way home next week.

Jessica said...

Hi my sweet baby! I am so glad to see more pictures of you. Don't worry about crying when you get shots they still make me want to cry sometimes too!! Poor mommy though-I just know it broke her heart! You are doing such a great job gaining weight! I think you are right though you may need a bigger bed and maybe even a bigger rocking chair! What cute pictures of you!! Glad you finally got to meet your Grandpa Larson. I've known your Grandpa for quite some time and I know you will have a lot of fun with him. I miss you and can't wait to see you again. Love, Hugs & Kisses Jessica

Josh said...

Luke!! Its great you finally got to meet your Grandpa Larson. You will get to have some real fun with him someday... Your Aunt Maria and I hope to come hang with you sometime in early March. Until then I guess you will just have to make do with the others. We are gonna party when I get there..See ya soon. Keep gaining weight!
Your Uncle Josh

Vi :) said...

Hi Luke!
It's fun to check in & see your latest 'news' & pics! I love your new furniture in your bedroom & the pic of you in your big chair is priceless!
It's great to hear how much you are gaining & impressing your Doctors. I know it's not so much fun having shots & things like that, but you'll soon show them all how tough you are & not blink an eye!
I was so happy to get a picture of you in the mail today & a note from your Mommy & Daddy. Would you thank them for me, please? I know they are very busy & it was so sweet of them to send it.
Be happy! .... Vi :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there LWL, You are sure a KEEPER. So cute and so smart already. Love all your pictures and clever written notes to all. Stay strong and do lots of cooing and cuddling as it will make Mommy and Daddy stronger too. Your room is really neat...you did a great job of telling Mom and Dad just how you wanted it, didn't you? I hope you are able to get my note...as posting a comment today has been a challenge. Love to you

Ryan said...

Hey Luke or "Lukie" my name is Ryan and I work with your Grandma Kris. She talks about you all the time so we all feel like we know you. We are glad to hear that you are gaining weight, keep up the good work. You could probably gain more weight if you became a cheese head. (Go Pack Go!!!) All the stress of being a Viking fan can be really exhausting. Hopefully we'll get to see you soon someday, and you could meet my son Jacob. BTW, you DO need a bigger bed.

G'ma and G'pa Otteman said...

Luke, you just keep getting cuter every day. We're going to have to warn all the other little baby girls about you. Keep the bed. You'll grow into to it and be glad it's so small when you get a "significant other". You get the talent with Rummy from your great-grandma Stender (just ask dad). Dice, I'm not so sure of. I'd avoid that if I were you. That comes from your dad and uncles. Not a good source. I suppose it's probably a good thing you were "forced" to watch such "football teams" and I use that term lightly. I suppose it will help you to appreciate a real football team when you come to see G'ma and G'pa Otteman and watch the Hawkeyes. (You don't have to wear the Viking outfits. Just hide them under the couch or coffee table for a year or so. That's what Dad does.) Good job on the weight. Your mommy and daddy are so lucky to have you. Watch out for your uncle Josh when he comes to see you. Not always the best influence. Maybe Aunt Maria will keep him in line. Hopefully G'pa and I will get up to see you in February or March. We love you sweetheart (mom and dad, too). Love, G'ma Ann.