Monday, January 15, 2007

My own place in the house.

Hello everyone. Lots of happenings since my last post. I had visitors from Iowa all weekend. Jessica Ray, her fiancee Jason Unruh, and Matt Redling came for a visit just to see me. They got in late Friday night and stayed until Monday morning. Saturday was a big day for my parents. It was the first time they left me home. They took Jessica, Jason, and Matt out to eat and I stayed here at home with my babysitter Danny Shivel. Danny is a nurse that works with Mommy. We had a good time watching Fiddler on the Roof.

On Sunday, Jason, Matt, and our neighbor Daryl Lee helped Daddy go to Babies R Us and pick up all of my furniture. Jason and Matt helped Dad put it together which was great because Dad didn't get frustrated at all since he had the extra hands. Then the three of them took me downstairs to watch football while Jessica and Mom decorated my room. Check out the pictures below, I'm already spoiled. Later that night Mom asked Jason and Jessica to be my Godparents and they gladly accepted.


Today I had a doctor's appointment to check my weight gain. I weighed in at six pounds, two and a half ounces. Dr. Weinberg said I looked wonderful and the weight gaining is marvelous!! That's all for now. Grandpa Larson will be here on Thursday so I'm sure I'll have more to tell after another visitor comes. I figured I have to include a picture of me with every post, so here is one of Jessica and Jason holding me. We love you all, Goodbye.

8 comments:

G'ma and G'pa Otteman said...

Nice room, kiddo. I'm glad Mom and Dad had some help. Maybe someday you'll get to sleep in there when you get big enough. I'm glad to hear you gained some more weight and I'm glad to hear Mom and Dad had a night out. And you just get keep getting cuter every day. Loe, G'ma Ann

G'ma and G'pa Otteman said...

why are you crying when Jessica was holding you? Was she pinching you like Dad does? Good job on eating and you keep on gaining that weight!!!Love you, G,pa Bill

Grandma Kris said...

Hi Lukie,

I'm so glad that Daddy had help with putting your furniture together and that Jessica was there to help Mommy decorate. It's such a wonderful looking little boy's room! You have very good taste. Way to go with the weight gain!!! You are doing SUPER!!! Hugs & Kisses, Grandma Kris and Grandpa Bob too!

Jessica said...

We are so glad to hear you gained more weight. It was so much fun spending the weekend with you, you were such a good little guy and so adorable! We miss you and your parents already. Can't wait to see you again. Love, hugs, and kisses. Jessica and Jason

Josh said...

Hey there Luke..Its nice to see that room has become your room and not just a place for Daddy's cds...Glad to hear you gained weight. Your Aunt Maria and I are going to come visit you very soon I promise...and oh yeah stay away from that Redling character..He's trouble!

Sandra J said...

HI LUKE: YOUR GETTING SOOO BIG. PROUD OF YOU. SO GLAD YOU MET DANNY . HE'S SUCH A GREAT PERSON. TAKE CARE OF YOUR MOM AND DAD. I'LL TALK TO YOU LATER. SANDRA J

Anonymous said...

Hey Luke. Lookin' good! Have you been working out? This is the other Josh(the good looking one,unlike your uncle Josh). Sorry it's taken so long for me to get in touch with you. Busy with work and "the woman", I know you can relate!haha...so anyway, just wanted to stop by and say "Hi".Btw, I'm digging your new room. You did a nice job coordinating furniture! I'll be in touch! See if you can figure out why your mom couldn't hold out for six or seven more hours!? We could have shared a birthday! You find out and you can let me know next time!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello Luke!

I am a friend that used to work with your mommy. I heard about your blog from Michelle Bender and Deanna Oliver and I just had to check it out. I am sorry to hear that you have CF. I am sure that your mommy and daddy will get you the best care possible so don't you worry. You are the most adorable baby and you also have the most amazing eyes. I will continue to check back and see what is new every now and then but until then you enjoy bringing a smile to your parents everyday!! Take care.

~Carrie Slabaugh :)