Sunday, March 9, 2014

December 2013

December is a huge and busy month for us.  We started off the month with getting our Christmas tree.  Here we are decorating our little tree.

Then for the big event.  MY 7th BIRTHDAY!!  We took 30 our of closest friends and family to The Wilderness Water Park in the Wisconsin Dells for an entire weekend of FUN!  Even my Philadelphia family made the trip! Here I am with cousin Marlee.

Lots of time hanging out in the water park.

My parents cooked a spaghetti dinner for everyone on Saturday night.  My favorite meal!

And here I am with my birthday cake.  Another favorite of mine. Chocolate cake with glaze frosting. Just like eating my favorite kind of doughnut.

Here is everyone singing happy birthday to me.

When we got home from the Dells, my birthday present was waiting for me in my bedroom.

I got a TV!!

Later that week, I got my tubes removed from my ears.  The doctor said they looked good and they would have me come back for a check up in 3 months.
On December 15th, we traveled to Mount Pleasant to take a steam train to the North Pole.

Here we are waiting to see Santa.

I told Santa that I wanted a coffee maker for Christmas.

Brynn told Santa she wanted a Minnie Mouse scooter and a white mouse that she could squeak. Santa came through and delivered everything that we asked for.

Mom helped us make some ornaments.

On December 18th, I had my 3 month check up at the University of Iowa.  I weighed 44lbs 8.5oz and was 3' 9" tall.  I have gained 4 lbs this year!!  Huge for me since I have not gained a pound in over 2 years. Again, my PFT's were great and my throat culture was negative.  My vitamin D levels are doing fine and they said they would see my in another 3 months.
Christmas Eve came super fast.  We had our family over for dinner, presents and cookie making.  Here we are decorating our cookies for Santa.


And here we are putting our cookies out for the man in red.

We took a Christmas Eve family photo.

The girls then had tea. Pinkies out :)

And the guys had beer. Bellies out ;)

We enjoyed 2 weeks at home for Christmas break.  We had a few nice days so we decided to build a snowman.

As we close out 2013, I want to wish everyone health and happiness in the new year!

Love and hugs,

Luke William and Brynn Elyse

No comments: