Sunday, August 12, 2012

I hope all of you are having an excellent summer.  We have been keeping ourselves busy with new adventures.  On May 17th, I had my check up with my pulmonologist.  I weighed 39lb 10.9oz and was 3 feet 6 inches tall.  They did a Cat Scan of my lungs to see if there were any changes.  Dr. Ahrens said everything looked good and he would see me in three months!
On May 20th, Daddy took me for a hike in Palisades Park.  This used to be one of his favorite places to go hiking in college.  We saw a snake and a few woodpeckers.

May 24th was graduation day for Little Lions Preschool.  Here I am getting my CD of pictures they take of our adventures at school.
And then we sang a few songs for our parents.

On Memorial Day weekend, we got to spend some time with our family in Maquoketa. Aunt Maria, Uncle Josh, Marlee and Silas made the trip from Philadelphia to hang with us.  We spent one evening at First Ward Park. Here is Uncle Josh, Aunt Maria and Silas.

Marlee and I had a great time on the swings.

We then did the train down the slide.

Grandpa Larson joined us too!
Mommy and Brynn enjoying some food.

Here are all the cousins standing on a tree stump.

The next day we spent some time at the Petersens.  We hung out in the pool and then enjoyed some ring pops that I brought for every one.

I love to play doctor with my bears.  I check them out just like my doctor does at the hospital.


Brynn being "gorgeous" as she always says.

June 23rd was Autism night at the Cedar Rapids Kernels ballpark.  Mommy and Daddy took me to my first baseball game.  I got to enjoy some great ball park popcorn while they warmed up.

They also had bouncy houses, slides and a ball toss for when the kids needed to "exercise". When the game was over they had an awesome fireworks show.


The next day, the Unruh's and Petersen's came over to play.  We spent our time on the trampoline with the sprinkler.

We love having cookouts together.

June 29th I had a check up with my dentist.  He said my teeth looked good but he thought I had a couple extra teeth on the top of my mouth and he wanted us to go see an oral surgeon.  We saw Dr. Sarasin in July and he confirmed this with a special x-ray.  I will be having oral surgery later this year :(
Fourth of July was hot, hot, hot.  We went to downtown Cedar Rapids to watch the fireworks.  Daddy stopped at the movie theater to get us some popcorn to enjoy.

By the end of the show, Brynn and I were dancing to the music they play with the fireworks!

That weekend I went to Minnesota to spend some time with Grandpa Larson.  While I was gone Mommy and Grandma Kris took Brynn to the Iowa Children's Museum in Coralville. They did some shopping in the grocery store.


Brynn took care of the babies at the hospital.


A little dress-up.

Flying an airplane.

They also rented a boat to go fishing with the Unruh's. Kenley and Brynn loved the worms.

Brynn loved fishing.

Here is a fish they caught.

Mommy and Kenley got to drive the boat.

Daddy and Brynn also got a turn.

All Brynn can talk about is how "the fish ate the worm". We've been hearing it for weeks.
Kyanna spent a day with me.  She loved my vibrating vest.

We also spent a day at the Bowman Woods pool with our neighbors.

I also helped Mommy paint!

Last but not least, I went to my pediatrician on July 30th for my yearly physical.  I weighed 40.4lbs and was 3 feet 7 1/2 inches tall.  Must be all those McDonalds french fries I eat every night :)  I got one vaccine and didn't even cry.  They said I'm good to go for kindergarten. Yay!

Love,

Luke William and Brynn Elyse

No comments: