Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kalahari

I have been such a busy boy that I decided I should write another blog. First and foremost, I started saying a few words. Yup, that's right, words. Can you believe it? On Friday, I surprised my Mom while reading a book and saying "oval" while pointing to the shape. I thought her jaw was going to hit the floor. Later that night, I was laying in bed with Mom, and we were having one of our nightly chats when she asked me to say "kitty". So I said it. Again, my poor Mom about lost it. I felt that was enough for the night. The next morning I was playing basketball with Mom and Dad before we left for Kalahari and I said "ball". Okay, so that's it. No more for now. Oh, and I can also spell my name. I surprised my Mom on Friday with that too. I brought my alphabet paper over to her, pointed and said the letters to my name. Okay, so to wrap it up, I can say "kitty", "oval", "dada", "eight", "six", "ball", "three", and about 85% of the letters of the alphabet. I can also count to 10 and know the entire alphabet, even though I can't quite pronounce all the letters yet.

So on to our fabulous weekend at Kalahari indoor water park in Sandusky, Ohio. We left Saturday morning and arrived at the water park around 12:30p.m. We quickly checked in and hit the water park. They have tons to do. I became quite adventurous right off the bat. I spent a lot of time in the kiddie area going down the many slides and climbing through tunnels. Here I am enjoying the kiddie area.

I also enjoyed taking a dip in the huge wave pool. Jumping the waves was really fun and exciting.

We spent the whole afternoon swimming and sliding. After dinner we went back again and didn't go to our room until 9 p.m. I was exhausted. No nap and tons of fun equals one tired boy. I was up at 7:30 a.m. and after a breakfast of Tim Hortons donuts, we were back at the water park. We had pizza by the pool and then hit the lazy river. I was just laying back on Mommys lap being very quiet so Mommy and Daddy thought I had enough. What an exciting weekend. I can't wait to go again!!


Okay, so I've said it many times, but this is the final week to donate to Great Strides. We will be walking this weekend so I am making one last plea for your donations. We've done great so far but of course we can always do better. Any one who would like to walk with us, you are certainly welcome. Just show up at Gallup Park by 10a.m. We are also having a barbeque immediately after the walk at our home. Everyone is invited. Even if you can't walk with us, come enjoy some food and fun. I can't wait to show you pictures from the walk on my next post. Take care everyone.

Love,

Luke William

No comments: