Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Note From Mommy

To all of Luke's faithful readers. We received some very tough news last Tuesday. At Mommy's routine OB visit we found out the baby no longer had a heart beat. We were very shocked and heart broken. Dr. Miller estimated we lost the baby around 10 weeks.
On Thursday I went to the hospital for a dilation and curettage. I had general anesthesia and was in recovery for a few hours. I lost 3 pints of blood so they were not sure I would be able to go home. Fortunately I was able to stand by myself without getting dizzy. I have felt very sluggish for the last 5 days but my strength is slowly coming back along with my blood supply.
I do not know what the future holds for us but Jake and I have a lot of decisions to make. We have tried so hard to do the right thing and give our future children the best shot at life without CF. We have decided not to do any further invitro procedures as this has become very costly and let's just face it, not fun for me. I guess God is telling us we were not destined to have a child this way.
I will see Dr. Miller on the 19th for a check-up. Hopefully she will be able to tell us what happened. They did send a tissue sample from the placenta for analysis. An autopsy was not possible because the baby was too small. We will keep everyone posted.
On a happier note, Luke turns 2 tomorrow! We are looking forward to a day of fun and fattening food. I am leaving you with a picture of Luke to brighten this letter up.

Amber and family

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber and Jake

I am so sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hadn't seen you in awhile and was hoping for the best. I hope you are soon feeling better.

I love Luke's picture what a big boy he is.

FYI Thanks to this blog, Seth is also going to school once a week and has his teacher and soon to be OT teacher coming to our house working with him. They estimate his speech delay at about 9 months behind. ENT workup is also ongoing but due to his fussiness, it will have to be under anesthesia-Benadryl didn't work.


Chris Blair and Seth

Judy Bowling said...

sAmber, Jake and Luke,
Hadn't checked on Luke's blog for sometime but Kris had told me you were pregnate about the same time Luke posted it on his blog. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you at this very difficult time. You tried what you thought was the best alterntive and for some reason that wasn't meant to be. I guess a power higher than us makes those decisions. Trust in him to help you make the next difficult decision, whatever that is. I love the pictures and reading the blogs although I forget sometimes to check and today was just an accident that I happened to check. Luke is really a handsome fellow, you should be very proud of him and yourselves for all the work and care that you have given him. Even with all his health problems, you still try to let him live a normal life which is good. Hope that you are feeling better healthwise by now. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Judy Bowling