Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Turkey Day

Hello everyone. Thanksgiving means a trip to Iowa for our family. It was a long drive, but we arrived safely Wednesday night. I was a bit tired when we got there and may have been a little crabby, sorry about that grandma & grandpa. The next day we had lunch with Grandpa Bob and Grandma Kris and then had dinner with Grandpa Bill and Grandma Ann. Uncle Jason was home for the weekend from Cedar Rapids and Uncle Josh & Aunt Maria flew in from Philadelphia. It was a long day and we stuffed ourselves full of food and family.

On Friday we took a trip to Cedar Rapids to see Jason, Jessica, and their new baby Kenley. She is so small and cute. Here are a few pics from our visit.

Later that night we went to visit grandpa Larson out at Eden Valley. We had dinner and Daddy and I hung out by the campfire for a little bit.

Saturday was Daddy's B-day so he celebrated by cutting firewood with grandpa while mommy and I went to visit my great-grandma Dorothy.

The rest of the time we just split our time hanging out at the two grandparent households in Maquoketa. Here's a pic of me sitting on grandma's lap and looking at myself on the computer. Grandma's screen saver plays pictures of me and I could stare at it forever. I think I may be a tad bit narcissistic. Wow, say narcissistic 5 times fast!!

Mom and Dad also bought blocks for me while we were in Iowa. Uncle Josh helped me build big stacks and then knock them over.

Lastly I wanted to update everyone on my schooling. I am not talking just yet, but I am using sign language for "more", "eat", and "all done". Yesterday was also a big day because I learned how to wave goodbye at school. The teacher was putting a toy away and she waved bye to it so I just copied her and everyone started clapping and smiling so I'll have to keep waving at everyone I can. Take care everyone.

Luke

No comments: