Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh My!!!

Hello everyone, it has been two weeks again. Sorry for the delay in updates, life is busy around here.

I was 7 months old on the 10th!! Here's a pic of me on my 7 month B-day.
On the 12th I had my lung function test at U of M hospital. Mom got me up in the middle of the night and fed me, then we played for a while before waking Daddy up. Everything went well and my lungs are doing good.

Grandpa Larson visited for the weekend. Mommy worked Friday night so Grandpa, Daddy, and I had a fire and just hung out. I really liked looking at the fire, pretty colors and movement. Grandpa, Daddy, and I went to Toledo on Saturday to go shopping at Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Then we got home and did some landscaping around the front porch.

Last weekend was Mom and Dad's 6 year wedding anniversary so they had a night out Saturday. My Mom's friend Danny came out and babysat for the night so Mom and Dad could go to dinner, do a little shopping, take a walk in the park, and see a movie. I wasn't too hard on him I guess because he didn't run away screaming when Mom and Dad got home. This was also a big day for me because I figured out how to crawl. I take just a few "steps" at a time, but I'm getting the hang of it. I'll be zooming around the house very soon. All that crawling makes Dad and I tired so we have to take naps.
Sunday was a day of firsts. It was my first trip to the zoo!! We went to the Toledo Zoo because they have baby polar bears. There were only 4 polar bears born in the U.S. last year. Toledo has 3 of them. Two of them are twins, the only pair born in the world. Here's a pic of me with the Mommy polar bear.
We took a train ride through the African savannah part of the zoo, it was my first train ride. We saw giraffes, zebras, and a few other animals.
We had some lunch in the shade and then it was off to see more animals.
We saw the monkeys right after lunch, which were probably my favorites. Then we went on to see a rhinocerous, elephants, cheetahs, lots of fish, meerkats, and bunches more that I can't remember right now. We stopped by these beautiful flowers for a picture.
In the children's zoo Dad and I got to pet some goats and I had my picture taken in this scuba outfit.
Daddy put together my highchair Sunday night. I'm getting pretty good at swallowing my food while sitting upright. My highchair also reclines so I can relax while I get fed. I have been getting more interested in the food my Mommy and Daddy eat. They have let me try a few things such as: mashed potatoes, cotton candy (mommys favorite), jelly and pudding. Here's a picture of my in my wonderful highchair.

So that's all I have for now. Hopefully I will get back to my blog before 2 weeks. August will especially be a busy month so I'm sure I will have lots to say. Love and hugs. Luke

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke, You really looked like you had fun at the zoo. Mommy said you really enjoyed the monkey that Daddy bought you. Can't wait to see you in August. With you starting to get mobile, I guess it is time to child proof the house for your visit. We love you and miss you bunches!!! Love Grammy and Grandpa Eaton

Anonymous said...

Hi Luke-
All your pictures are so cute. You look so serious in your high chair picture- I love all your expressions. Looks like you have been having lots of fun with Mommy and Daddy! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks. We love and miss you all.
Jessica and Jason

G'ma and G'pa Otteman said...

You look pretty good in that scuba diving outfit. Isn't the zoo fun? I hope they let you take mommy and daddy back home with you and didn't keep them. The polar bears are really cool. Then monkeys kind of remind me of your daddy. Can't wait to see you in August. I agree with G'ma Eaton - time to baby proof the house. Love, G'ma and G'pa Otteman

Anonymous said...

Luke: You are getting soooo big. Your Mom and Dad are having such a good time showing you all the great things there are in life. Nothing more fun than being with your family and laughing, smiling and just haveing a good time. I for one am so happy for all of you. Keep it up now and forever. Sandra J( your Mom's friend at S.J.M.H)

Anonymous said...

Hi Luke
You are one special little boy and loved by us all. I am glad you enjoyed the Zoo especialy the Monkeys. You had a little lamb on the 7 month picture just the right size for your little hands. I am glad you like it too. I hope to see you in August. Love Gr. Grama Dorothy